The Greyhound Hotel has over 300 years of history as an inn and local sporting centre, and has provided accommodation over the years for many travelers. The Greyhound dates from at least 1700, and is a listed building, which also carries a local heritage plaque that states; "This public house was known as the Greyhound as early as 1700. It was a sporting centre and the venue where racehorses were inspected prior to competing on Banstead Downs. The old inn was rebuilt c1840, and a separate existing building, 'The Two Rooms' incorporated." The Greyhound Hotel is situated at Carshalton Ponds, part of the River Wandle, and is next door to the beautiful All Saints Church, which dates back to the Domesday Book. Opposite The Greyhound Hotel, at the side of the Ponds, is the local Honeywood Museum, and five minutes' walk away is Carshalton's historic water tower. At the corner of The Greyhound Hotel is Ann Boleyn's Well, the spring of which is said to have burst from the ground when Anne Boleyn kicked against a stone as she rode from Carew Manor to Non such Palace. The Swan Bar is part of the original 18th Century coaching house, and has its own resident ghost of a traveler who, local legend has it, froze to death on the doorstep in the 1800's. There are any antique artifacts in the Swan Bar, including documentation of the first mention of The Greyhound in the London Journal Newspaper in 1723. The entrance to the Swan Bar has a mosaic of a greyhound set into the floor, which was uncovered during renovation in 1969. It is thought to be the work of Italian craftsmen over 200 years ago.