This musical tradition holds through to today and the Berlin Philharmonic, which is housed in the Kincerthaus in Berlin, is one of the finest symphony orchestras in the world. For the modern world, The festivals in Berlin are also very reflective of its culturally diverse residents as well as the long and colorful history. One of the largest of these festivals is the annual Culture Festival or Karneval Der Kulturen. This lively festival in Berlin is held every year at the time of Pentecost (or, early June!) and provides even more atmosphere to the already famous nightlife of Berlin.
There are numerous youth hostels and Pensioner Hotels in Berlin Germany with very reasonable room rates between forty and fifty US dollars per night. The Hoppegarten Hotel Berlin rates starts at forty-two dollars (US$ 42). Standard hotel rooms in Berlin German will cost somewhere starting around eighty to one hundred dollars per night. Why not try Holiday Inn Hotel Berlin? Standard rooms at advance purchase rate start at ninety-five dollars (US$ 95) only. Luxury hotels in Berlin Germany start out around four hundred US dollars per night and go up with the level of service, comfort and luxury expected on your trip to Berlin.
All year round Berlin fests!
It doesn't matter when you're in Berlin with these year-round festivals!
- New Year's Eve in Berlin - New Year's Eve is a big deal in Berlin! The highlight is the party held at Brandenburg Gate. Live acts from all-over Berlin (and some foreign bands too!) culminates in a big spectacle of fireworks!
- Carnival of Cutlures - Also known as Karneval der Kulturen, this multi-ethnic street parade goes on for four-days. Street fairs, parades and parties are attended by over a million people, held in late May or early June.
- Fête de la Musique - What started in France has now spread to Germany! This live music festival is the highlight of the summer season. Music stages across the streets of Berlin feature artists of different styles and genres. You're sure to enjoy one of the performances.
- Beer Festival - Taking place at Strasberger Platz, more than 200 breweries feature their hundreds of beer drafts. Holding back on your beer isn't an option!
- Find other Berlin activities from NileGuides